COVID -19: Whilst we understand the importance of the outdoors with regard to our health and well-being, at this stage of the Covid-19 crisis we must ask people to follow government advice on social distancing and stay home within their own communities where ever possible. This will help protect the NHS and ultimately save lives. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back once the crisis is over. More information for locals can be found here.
You’ll never want to leave when you find this ‘secret’ village in the Yorkshire Dales nestled under the shadow of Ingleborough, one of the Three Peaks.
Find information in the following pages to help you explore the surrounding landscape, entertain visitors of all ages and abilities and make your visit to our beautiful village as enjoyable as possible.
- Upcoming Events: View our village calendar updated by locals*
- History of Clapham: From the Ice Age to today
- Local Area: Ingleborough, caves, Gaping Gill, scenery and walks
- Local Businesses: Accommodation, shopping and more
- Local Services: Churches, school, playground, tennis court, post, parking, toilets
- Directions and transport: Road, rail, bus, air, petrol stations
- Useful Links: Things to do, nearby villages, information
*If you have a local event or organise local events please contact anyone at the CDA or have a word in the village shop. We can add your event, or give you full access to add them yourself.