COVID -19: We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to our part of the Dales, but our priority is to ensure that both visitors and residents remain safe; and to ensure we don’t place undue pressure on highways, emergency services such as the cave rescue or key workers.
If you are making a special journey to Clapham, please follow all government guidance and carefully consider your own wellbeing and that of our small community: home to many vulnerable people and a working environment for farmers. Please park in the Yorkshire Dales National Park car park.
Please also bear in mind that the majority of facilities – including cafés and some shops are not currently open. More information for locals can be found here.
Nestling below Ingleborough on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park is the village of Clapham.
Find information in the following pages to help you explore the surrounding landscape, entertain visitors of all ages and abilities and make your visit to our beautiful village as enjoyable as possible.
- Upcoming Events: View our village calendar updated by locals*
- History of Clapham: From the Ice Age to today
- Local Area: Ingleborough, caves, Gaping Gill, scenery and walks
- Local Businesses: Accommodation, shopping and more
- Local Services: Churches, school, playground, tennis court, post, parking, toilets
- Directions and transport: Road, rail, bus, air, petrol stations
- Useful Links: Things to do, nearby villages, information
*If you have a local event or organise local events please contact anyone at the CDA or have a word in the village shop. We can add your event, or give you full access to add them yourself.